dearJulius.com Write For Us

GM allowing owners to rent out vehicles via Maven app

SHARE:

A 2016 Chevrolet Camaro, which won "Motortrend Car of the Year," is seen at the LA Auto Show. General Motors announced Tuesday a peer-to-peer rental program that will allow owners of GM vehicles 2015 or newer to rent out their vehicles. File Photo by Phil McCarten/UPI

By Susan McFarland, UPI

General Motors announced Tuesday it's getting into the peer-to-peer car sharing program, which will allow owners to make money by renting out their vehicles through the Maven app.

[post_ads]The move will add a new revenue stream for the automaker. It will allow those who own or lease a 2015 or newer GM vehicle to add it to the Maven app.

Maven members can rent cars by the hour, the day, the week or the month.

"Your car is one of the most expensive things you own. Sitting idle, it is a wasted asset," said Julia Steyn, vice president of GM Urban Mobility and Maven. "It's time to put your car to work. Maven's peer-to-peer offering is a smart way for owners to offset their vehicle investment."

GM said those who rent their vehicles will keep 60 percent of the income. The automaker takes the other 40 percent, but will provide insurance for the rentals.

An experimental beta version of the service is now available in Chicago, Detroit and Ann Arbor, Mich. GM said more markets will follow this fall.

COMMENTS



Note: If you think this story need more information or correction, feel free to comment below your opinion and reaction.
Like & Follow to Stay Updated ...

Name

Alabama,1,Arizona,1,Barack,1,California,3,Colorado,1,Connecticut,1,Crime,531,Florida,1,Franc,1,Hawaii,8,Illinois,1,Los Angeles,2,Massachusetts,3,Mississippi,1,New York,128,U.S.,1557,Washington,4,
ltr
item
U.S. - U.S. Daily News: GM allowing owners to rent out vehicles via Maven app
GM allowing owners to rent out vehicles via Maven app
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-O4AtlV9ehmE/W1h8Nf8CsBI/AAAAAAAA1O8/qQPbytqIBqgGgY7lNhzgb2VACtBiPwYXwCLcBGAs/s1600/3.jpg
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-O4AtlV9ehmE/W1h8Nf8CsBI/AAAAAAAA1O8/qQPbytqIBqgGgY7lNhzgb2VACtBiPwYXwCLcBGAs/s72-c/3.jpg
U.S. - U.S. Daily News
https://us.dailynews.us.com/2018/07/gm-allowing-owners-to-rent-out-vehicles.html
https://us.dailynews.us.com/
https://us.dailynews.us.com/
https://us.dailynews.us.com/2018/07/gm-allowing-owners-to-rent-out-vehicles.html
true
3263844984480124152
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Read More Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS PREMIUM CONTENT IS LOCKED STEP 1: Share. STEP 2: Click the link you shared to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy